Submit your bot before August 1st 2020 to participate in Bot Bowl II. The results of will be announced at the Conference of Games (CoG) 2020 (which will be online this year) with a $1000 prize pool. A submission link will appear on this page when we get closer to the deadline.
Bot Bowl II will have two prizes:
- The winner will receive $500 from IEEE
- The participant with the highest ranked machine learning bot* will receive $500 from modl.ai
* To qualify as a machine learning bot, the core part of the decision-making must be learned. A machine learning bot can use search and even some scripted behaviors, as long as the main decision-making of the bot is learned. If you are unsure if your bot will qualify as a machine learning bot, you are welcome to ask questions on our discord server.
Participants CAN win both prizes, if they win the competition with a machine learning bot.
The format of Bot Bowl II will be similar to last year’s competition.
Only a prefixed Human team can be used. None of the pre and post-game procedures are used. Rosters are thus reset without injuries and improvement rolls.
Each bot will play 10 games against each other and in contrast to last year there will be no final. A bot that takes random actions will be added to the competition as a baseline.
- Bots must be submitted no later than August 1st 2020
- Each participant can only be part of one bot submission
- Several participants can submit a bot together as a team
- Time limits used:
- Turn: 120s
- Opponent decisions: 5s
- Initialization: 20s
- Game End: 10s
- We use this configuration file for FFAI
- You are allowed to submit an extension of an existing bot that was developed by someone else, as long as it is a significant improvement. We reserve the right to disqualify bots that play similarly to the existing bot.
The philosophy of Bot Bowl is to limit the computational resources at run-time to that of a regular laptop. We of course encourage participants to use as much computation as they can afford to train/evolve their bots before the competition. The exact instance specification will be specified at a later date but don’t expect any GPUs.
How to Submit
See how to submit to Bot Bowl II here.
If you have questions about the competition, please join our Discord server.