Bot Bowl V is the fifth AI competition in Blood Bowl and the results was announced at the IEEE Conference of Games 2023.
Bot Bowl V had the same format as the previous years. Group submissions were allowed but each person can only be part of one bot submission.
In a round-robin tournament, each bot played 10 matches against each other and the tournament winner was determined based on the following point system: 3 points for winning, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss. In case of a tie, the bot with the highest score difference, and then inflicted casualties would win.
Each match used the following configurations:
- The BB2016 ruleset
- Time limit of 2 minutes per turn and 15 seconds per decision in the opponent’s turn
- Pathfinding-assistance enabled
- Only a fixed human team is available
We had the following two prizes:
- $250 1st Place Prize sponsored by modl.ai.
- $250 Machine Learning Prize sponsored by modl.ai for the most interesting bot that uses machine learning and/or search-based techniques.
Watch the presentation of the results and highlights on YouTube.
Congratulations to Drefsante by Frederic Bair for winning Bot Bowl V and Treeman by Jonas Busk for winning the ML Prize!
The replays and per-match results are compatible with botbowl v1.1.0.